July 29, 2012

Busy Life

I knew that this past week/weekend was going to be busy. I just didn't know how busy! On Friday, my new boss (!!!) called and we agreed for me to start Monday afternoon. I also learned that most of my clothes are too formal for their dress code, so that means shopping! :)
Friday also held the baby shower R and I threw for our sister-in-law. It was going to be a "Gender Reveal Couples Shower," and I was really nervous about the whole thing! Fortunately, it turned out to be much more chill than I thought. Which is good. Because I am for too proper for life in party situations. Anyway, the whole thing turned out so cute! We had pink and blue everywhere, along with some pretty good food! My mother-in-law talked to the local Dairy Queen, and they agreed to communicate with the doctors and put either a pink or blue layer in the middle of an ice cream cake for us. When A & E cut the first slice of the cake, a pastel blue layer of ice cream greeted the squealing grandparents and other excited guests. So Jordan and I are welcoming a nephew in December! I am so excited for A & E - they both wanted a boy so badly!
Saturday, we were invited to a birthday party for Jordan's friend. We spent the day fixing Jordan's new dirt bike (well, Jordan fixed it. I watched movies with R) and then went over to the party for supper and hanging out at the lake.
Today, it's just been nice to chill. If you could see us now, you would probably laugh. I have dishes in the sink and dirty laundry in the laundry room, but we are sitting happily on our respective couches watching "Bones" - you know, bonding time and all that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment