July 23, 2012

Grief

In the past month to six weeks, my husband's family has had six funerals of close family members. I have so much respect for my husband - he handles his emotions in a much more controlled manner than I do, and even though I let him know I'm there for him, he remains strong for me! And believe me, I am an emotional wreck at funerals!
But at the same time, these funerals have been encouraging. Yes, you heard me right. I have grown more in my walk with God in this past month than I have for a long time. He has been using these funerals and my husband's family and even complete strangers to lift my spirits and encourage me to look beyond my own grief. I get so caught up in losing the person, that I forget that God can use death. I think part of the explanation for my feelings is that most of the funerals I have attended in my own family end with complete sadness that comes with knowing the people never knew Christ.
I know this post seems rambling and jumbled, but that's how I feel right now.
So many people were reached with the Gospel, just because someone died. This is a good thing! But death is such a terrible twisted concept - yet God can still use it for His purpose! How amazing! It totally stretches my imagination... I don't think I will ever fully grasp it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ju6ybnRFFI&feature=colike

No comments:

Post a Comment