May 24, 2011

Wonderful!

The smell of rain. A cool breeze on a hot day. Peach lemonade smoothies. Making shapes out of clouds while laying on the green grass. Going down a cousins slip 'n slide.

These are some of the best parts of summer. However, the only one I'm experiencing today is the smell of rain. It's a dreary day here at home, and to top it all off, I'm feeling terrible.

Sometimes, I get so caught up in my own physical pain and my ideals not being met, I forget about how fortunate I am! I had a moment this morning where I was so overwhelmed with God's grace, faithfulness and blessings. He has given me more than what I could ever deserve. In fact, He has given me exactly opposite of what I deserve! I am a lowly sinner, loving what God hates. But, because of His great gift of salvation, I can leave sin behind! Because Christ is risen from the dead, I can be seen as holy before God!

My chains are gone; I've been set free!
My God, My Savior has ransomed me!
And like a flood, His mercy reigns.
Amazing love. Amazing grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment