May 29, 2011

People

People confuse me. Have you ever had one of those "Woah, I totally thought I knew you, but what you just did makes me wonder if I ever have" moments? I've been having more of those than usual lately.

I don't really know if other people have changed or if I am the one who is changing. Maybe it's a combination of both. Maybe I'm just trying to figure out how to act like an adult, when everybody else already has their act together. But whatever it is, I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Communication is 10% verbal and 90% nonverbal (actions, expressions, body language). I can fake my way through polite conversation, but (as I'm finding out from close friends) I'm not doing such a great job controlling my nonverbal communication. Which is bad. Cuz I thought I was doing great.

I'm finding myself identifying with certain people, but not others. Naturally, I gravitate to those people - talk to them, smile, laugh, and converse. But now I find out that I am expected to talk to the "other" people, too? Hmmm...

Life is tough. It's full of disappointments and heartache. As I've mentioned before, I get my feelings hurt easily. Being the first to reach out to people is tough. I may have my feelings hurt. But I know that showing the love of Christ to someone is well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment