February 24, 2011

Stars

I was driving back to my college town around ten last night and happened to look out my window into the dark night sky. What I saw left me completely speechless.

In the giant navy/black deepness were thousands of silver speckles - stars. It was the kind of view that at first glance is impressive, but with a closer look, your eye moves deeper and deeper into the black, seeing more and more of unexplored universe. So hard to describe, but so breathtaking to see.

Why did God make so much sky? Why did God make stars? I asked Him these questions while driving, and though I did not receive an audible answer, I couldn't help but wonder if He created the huge expanse simply to make us wonder. Did He really make the universe for just this world to see? Did He create it to reach the lost, to display His glory and power?

One thing I do know... He is Lord of heaven and earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment