February 7, 2011

Everything


Philippians 2:14-15
Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, "children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation." Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky.

"God, you don't know what You're talking about. Everything without grumbling? Seriously? You don't know what I'm going through!"

The thoughts sped through my mind; telling God how He is expecting too much of me if I am to follow this command. He doesn't know how hard my life is!

Even though my church history told me that God knows best, I still struggled with this. In fact, I was arguing with God about a verse that says not to argue!!!

A question came to my mind later... I had said "God doesn't know what I'm going through. He doesn't know how hard my life is!"

Have I told Him?

How often do I pray? Do I complain, grumble, and argue because I don't hand my burdens over to God?

I constantly need reminders to pray. I am so thankful for my close friends who send me texts during the day asking if I have prayed in the past day, morning, or hour. I am (slowly) learning how my life brightens when I am in constant communication with my Savior. Giving my cares to Jesus allows me to glorify Him with my life by spreading His joy and peace rather than my grumbling and arguments.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus.

Look full in His wonderful face!

And the things of earth will grow stragely dim

In the light of His glory and grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment