January 5, 2011

Sunsets

I was storming down the sidewalk. It was pretty chilly outside, and my breath came out in frosty puffs as I hurried towards the cafeteria. My "to do" list was sprinting through my mind, and I felt so overwhelmed that my eyes threatened to spill tears. In an attempt to avoid embarrassing puffy red eyes and tear streaks down my cheeks at supper, I looked up into the sky. What I saw stopped me in my tracks.

Through the trees and the tall dorm buildings, I saw a glimpse of colorful radiance. Clouds streamed to the right and left of the big, old sun as he kissed them with orange, pink, blue, purple, and yellow goodnight kisses. I looked at that sunset, completely in awe of not just the beauty, but of the beutiful Creator who made the sun to rise and set at precisely the right time every day.

He is so constant. He is so wise. And to think, He cares about me.


Hallelujah, what a Savior!

Hallelujah, what a Friend!

Saving, Helping, Keeping, Loving,

He is with me to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment