January 6, 2011

Irony

Hmmm... I just looked through some of my old diaries from past years. I also found my highschool graduation in my highschool's newspaper. Talk about a change!!
Funny? It doesn't seem so right now. Change hurts and stretches us in ways we don't think we can go. Change is unpleasant.
However, I look back to when I was in middle school. I was sure I was going to marry a boy in my youth group. When I (slowly) realized he didn't ever like me, I was devastated. My "life plans" changed and I was broken. But God takes the broken person and reconstructs someone more and more like Him.
If change, however unpleasant and uncomfortable, means conforming to the image of Christ, am I willing to be broken? I know the "right" answer is "YES!", but right now I don't want to say yes. I don't want pain.
Age-old story, huh? Wanting the reward without paying the price. I want God to help me change my attitude about change!

No comments:

Post a Comment