November 6, 2012

Organize, organize, organize!

At the end of September, Jordan and I carried on with our normal day-to-day lives. We had no cares in the world, went to work everyday, and relaxed at night. Four days into October, I had a sudden panic...

I forgot to pay rent!!!!

I hurriedly called the landlord and asked if it was too late to pay without a late fee. I was so worried, I jumbled my words and the secretary told me it was too late - She had already sent our eviction notice! Well, then I was really worried!!! Thankfully, after she looked up our account and saw we were simply four days late rather than months late, she informed me that we were perfectly fine - no late fee!

At the end of October, Jordan and I carried on with our normal day-to-day lives. We had no cares in the world, went to work everyday, and relaxed at night. Four days into November, I had a sudden panic....

I forgot to pay rent... again!!!!


After these two embarrassing incidents, I resolved to make our lives more organized. I sat down today, printed off blank calendars and started jotting notes (most of them "Rent" "RENT" "RENT!!")
I also am firmly convinced to start filing papers better in our now-empty-soon-to-be-fuller filing cabinet.

Thankfully, I married a very organized man who is going to help me with this project. And I will try to keep accountable here as well - maybe that will help me stay organized after I get organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment